Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Magazine Article Research

For my magazine article I will be writing, I need to do some research on the general layout of a typical woodworking article.  To do this I browsed through a couple of Popular Woodworking Magazines, the most recent edition and the April 2012 edition, focusing on the feature article "Irish Chair" by Don Weber and the  cover article, "Cherry Wall Cabinet" by Matthew Teague.  Both share a similar layout and structure that I will use to guide my writing of my own article.  As both of these project articles are about fairly unusual projects and techniques, they focus on the unusual aspects, instead of going over every single aspect of the build.  This saves the reader from having to re-read information on basic woodworking techniques, so for my article I will focus on the aspect of this build that are unique to my project, such as the adjustment system, both height and angle.  I will briefly cover my methods of making the adjustment mechanism, and will also cover my influences for the design, and wood selection, as well as the finish I end up using.



Teague, Matthew. "Cherry Wall Cabinet." Popular Woodworking Magazine Apr. 2012. Print.

Weber, Don. "Irish Chair." Popular Woodworking Magazine June 2012. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment