Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reading an Old Journal

For the past two weeks I have been reading the journal of a past WISE student who built a coffee table for her project.  It was very helpful to see an example of a completed journal in order to see what a full journal is like.  Some of the strengths of her journal include how in depth she goes when she describes her progress.  She gives the reader a really clear idea of what is going on with her project, and her progress.  I really enjoyed her descriptions of what she has been learning (such as tool use, lumber selection), her journals show clearly how she learned throughout the project.
Some things she could have worked on was that she never included any titles in her posts, which made them slightly hard to follow.  Also her journal could benefit from more goal setting and schedule making.
Overall I really enjoyed reading her journal, it gave me a better idea of what is expected from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment